The hairs are the most unwanted and uninvited guests you would least like to wish for. However, they keep coming back and we have to take care of removing them before they just spoil our well groomed look. While winter helped us hide those unwaxed legs, with the onset of summer, it’s time to de-fuzz and dare to bare with smooth, clean legs.
No matter whether you’re using an epilator, razor or prefer to wax, the first thing you would expect is its effect to last long.
Professionals always recommend to do waxing, so as to get smooth skin for longer time period. Visiting beauty parlor is not convenient always. So I decided to have my own waxing sessions.
Even though waxing is painful, it saves us from new hairs to grow thicker. Besides, it provides us stubble free skin for weeks to come.
[Also Read: Redness After Waxing Bikini]
Waxing at home is a far cry process from razor-in-the-shower and even us time and money, provided we know the tricks and measures to adopt.
It takes a bit of skill and technique, to avoid dried hard wax, which just tears apart our skin during waxing.
I offer you some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind while waxing. Read on!
If you’re a first timer then here is a must read –
- As a thumb rule, never start waxing with the bikini line
- Apply tooth numbing cream before an hour you get started to ease the pain
- Take aspirin at least 30 minutes prior to session
- Do not take coffee or smoke when you’re about to wax (caffeine and nicotine heightens sensation, thereby making you more sensible to pain)
- Do not use moisturizer prior to hair removal
- Wash the area with soap and apply oil or baby powder to easily take off the strip
[Also Read: How To Take Care Of Legs In Summer]
- Wash with warm water to keep the pores open. This will help you easily pull out the hair from its root and is less painful too
- Exfoliate before waxing. Dead skin cells and dirt will get removed.
- Take warm shower before waxing
- Always wax when there is full growth. The length should be atleast 4mm
- Don’t pull off the strip more than 3 times at the same area, as it increases irritation of skin and ingrown hair
- Apply pressure to reduce pain. Press on the area for a couple of seconds immediately after waxing
- Avoid heat for at least 2 days after waxing
- Taking quick hot shower is suggested.
- Stay away from long exercises, hot baths, saunas, Jacuzzis and hot yoga. They irritate the waxed area even further.
- Keep the area clean for the next 12 to 24 hours
- Apply antiseptic or soothing cream to reduce the chances of developing ingrown hair
- Lastly, never shave as it encourages thick hair growth, which can make it difficult for you during waxing later
- Don’t stress yourself if you’re left with few hairs and try pulling them off
- Leave the difficult areas to the professionals, if you’re in doubt
- And never try out face waxing on your own
Hope this article on home waxing helps!!
[Also Read Best Home Remedies for Razor Bumps]