Say one of the common fitness dreams of we girls, and there will certainly be just a single answer i.e. ‘achieving a flat washboard tummy’. We simply can’t get enough of a perfectly toned, super sexy stomach. Can we? However, it is neither an easy task nor an overnight affair. Only the right combination of diet and exercise can combat your protruding belly and bust it successfully.
For choosing proper diet alternatives, you have to consult your nutritionists. But how to get flat abs with exercises?
Let us show you the right path with the simplest workout options on How To Get Flat Abs With Exercises:
[Also Read Best Calf Exercises for Women]
Nothing can be more effective for getting a flat, toned stomach than a traditional plank exercise. It works directly on our core muscles and tightens the abs up.
- Lie flat on the floor on your stomach
- Raise your body slightly on your palms and toes. Let your shoulders and elbows make right angles with the ground
- Straighten your body so that it makes almost 45-degree angle with the floor
- Inhale deeply and draw your abdominal muscles in towards the rib cage
- Hold the position for 30 seconds and then exhale slowly
2. Elbow Plank
This is a simple variation of the regular plank in which the entire body is supported by the elbows in order to make the workout more fruitful.
- Start in a plank position and then push your body towards the ground gradually
- Place elbows onto the floor and keep your shoulders right over them
- Straighten your entire body to make it parallel to the floor
- Breathe in deeply and draw your stomach muscles inwards
- Stay in the position for 30 seconds and then, breathe out slowly without letting your stomach drop
[Also Read: Hula-Hoop Helps Keep Your Tummy Flat]
3. Side Elbow Plank
If you are familiar with both forms of plank mentioned earlier, take your abdominal workout to the next level with this one. Needless to say, you are going to get even better results.
- Start in the elbow plank position and then flip your body to one side
- Your legs should be placed one over another
- Let the arm placed on the ground be at right angle with the floor with the palm pointing away from you
- The other arm lying in the air should be kept straight along the body
- Hold the position for a minute or so
- Then, flip to the other side and repeat
4. Basic Crunch
Basic crunches or sit-ups include frequent up-down movements, which help in working on the major muscle groups of upper abdomen, especially rectus abdominis.
- Lie down on the floor on your back and place your hands together behind your head
- Lift your knees off the floor, while keeping the feet flat on it
- Raise your shoulders up along with your upper back and draw your stomach inwards, while breathing out slowly
- Keep your eyes on the ceiling and hold the position for a couple of seconds
- Breathe in and return to the initial position gradually
- Repeat 20 to 25 times in one go
5. Twisting Crunch
While a simple crunch can target your upper abdomen, adding a twist to it will shift your focus to the oblique muscles so that you can get rid of the ‘love handles’ easily.
- Start in a basic crunch position by placing your palms behind your head and raising your shoulders as well as upper back a little off the ground
- Twist your torso slightly to one side from your waist, but keep your shoulders and back still
- Try to touch the opposite knee with the elbow of your twisted side, while breathing normally
- Untwist your torso and relax
- Repeat on the other side
[Also Read: Abdominal Workouts You Could Do At Home]
6. Seated Spinal Twist
Twist your spine and engage your core muscles in order to add definition to your tummy and get a slim-trim waistline.
- Sit straight on the floor with both of your legs crossed
- Keep your one hand right on your knee and place the other one next to your hip
- Twist your spine to one side in order to look over the shoulder, while breathing in slowly
- Gradually breathe out and untwist your spine
- Repeat on the other side
7. Hip Lift
You can also work on your rectus abdominis and make it firmer as well as stronger with this simple pilates exercise.
- Lie flat on the floor with your arms by the sides of your body and palms facing down
- Your legs should be placed up above your hips making right angles with them. Keep your feet flexible enough
- Work on your core muscles and raise your hips gradually off the floor so that your legs point towards the ceiling
- Hold the position as long as possible
- Return to the initial position
So, the secret of getting a flatter and sexier tummy with exercises is finally here. What are you waiting for?
Hope this post on How to get flat abs with exercises, helps you. Tell us what you think in comments.