Pencil Skirts are the new go-to trend in town! Rather, we would like to believe that they had never gone out of style. It is no more just an office staple to just be seen at corporate meets, women are flaunting their pencil skirts at red carpet, parties, brunch meets and date nights. Fashion divas also like to believe that the right on trend silhouette is an apt desk to drinks item in your wardrobe. The timeless, feminine and polished silhouette is a perfect any-weather wear. And, the good news for all the pencil skirt fans, this cut or ensemble works on all body types. And if you have the eye for good fashion, you will easily be able to spot interesting textures, prints, leather finish to set your pencil skirt instead of the run-off-the-mill pieces. A pencil skirt should fit nicely at the widest point of your hips and then go straight down.
[Also Read: The Skirt Vocabulary]
The truth about pencil skirts is that they help carve your waist, augment curves, make you appear slimmer, and look classy. Here’s how you can work the pencil skirt look in easy ways, to take you from work to weekend. So dress it up or down with ease this season.
Ways To Rock Your Pencil Skirt
1. Wear a black pencil skirt in leather which appears timelessly chic. Add drama to the look with a vintage printed t-shirt, a statement necklace or bracelet and ankle-strap heels. This would make for an investment-worthy attire you’ll love year after year.
2. Draw attention to your hourglass figure with a faultlessly tailored tweed style pencil skirt in bold hues and pair it off with feminine piece.
3. Perk up a grey day by wearing brightly hued pencil skirt with feminine separates, especially if you are on a picnic. You could even opt for zipper style or front button pencil skirts to add to the fun factor.
4. Nail the printed pencil skirt look and team it with a simple or plain top for an effortless girl’s day outlook. There’s always room in our wardrobes for an animal / snake skin print or embrace bold bloom floral or graphic or quirky skirt. Add a plain or snazzy top to give it a pride of place.
[Also Read: Pencil Skirt for Your Body Type]
5. One simply can’t go wrong with a monochrome combination. Rock the monochrome pencil skirt trend with a white ruffled top; to add a twist to the classic look instantly and throw in your skyscraper heels to give it a glam appearance.
6. Team up your pencil skirt with tee, mules and a floral blazer for a casual day out!
[Also Read: How To Wear A Skater Skirt]
7. Embrace long pencil skirt with heels as makes you look thin and tall. Slip into heels, to elongate the legs.
8. Take the figure flattery to the next level by teaming up plaid blouses with a pencil skirt. Dig out a nice pair of pointed-toe pumps and own the look.
9. A fitted pencil skirt and a printed or bright peplum top is a match made in wardrobe heaven.
10. If you are bottom heavy, a solid hue skirt can be your best friend. Throw in a textured blouse to give an illusion of a slender silhouette.
For a night-out pick up a metallic or sequin, butter-soft leather to lace pencil skirt and pair it up with a singlet, breezy cami, lace or halter top. Just add metallic heels and clutch purse, for a party-ready look!
11. There’s room for a denim pencil skirt in your wardrobe, for sure. Slip in your go-to chambray top and you are good to go!
[Also Read: Wearing Denim Skirts]
12. Slip in your crop top or high neck sweater with your high-waist pencil skirt in neutral hues.
No wonder why, they say a pencil skirt is every woman’s secret weapon. So, what are you waiting for, simply put on your city girl glam with these pencil skirt ideas. Keep it chic!
Images Source: pinterest