Silly hair, how it grows at all the wrong places! Those tiny outgrowths of hair around your lip – which we ladies refer to as lady moustaches, yes those, though they are annoying, every lady has to deal with them.
This is very usual for most ladies, however, clean, smooth and soft upper-lips is what we seek, more so for the possible extra attention lipstick attracts. With professionals suggesting maintaining your ‘lady mustache’ once a month, our aftercare lip wax guide is essential to leave you with smooth, silky, soft upper lip each time.
[Also Read: 18 Natural Ways To Remove Upper Lip Hair Permanently]
AFTER WAX CARE
Wax It Off
A little wax may get this problem resolved for about a week or two. A CNN study states that around 20 million American women alone remove facial hair on a weekly basis. Waxing is an easy technique to do away with the upper lip hair problem even though it induces more pain than eyebrow waxing. Devoting a few minutes to practice effective after waxing care tips later can give great results for a couple of weeks to almost a month.
[Also Read: How To Control Redness After Waxing]
DIY Upper Lip Waxing: Mind It
A few points to keep in mind while you wax are as follows:
1. Ensure that the wax you are using is of good quality. It is your face you are dealing with here so you need to be extremely careful. Just anything from the market might not suit you. Don’t choose your wax depending on what people suggest, not even your best friend might be able to suggest the best fit for you. Do try to read up a bit about the various wax brands and variants available in the market before making a choice. Better still opt for a patch test two days prior to actual procedure.
2. Ensure that the wax is cooled down enough before applying it to your face, otherwise face burns are pretty tricky to deal with.
These are essential to prevent the upper lip waxing side effects.
After Waxing Care Tips
When you think about removing facial hair, aftercare to lip wax is absolutely essential to avoid bumps, rashes, pimples or even sores. What we do after waxing is as important as the waxing itself. It is completely up to you to decide where you want to do it. Waxing can be done be done leisurely on Sunday afternoon at a trip to your own restroom or visit the nearby salon.
When at a salon, and you have your upper lip waxed, be it with any type of waxing rica, cocoa or honey, get an antiseptic applied and then warm wax, followed by a thin strip of fine cloth, in the direction of the growth of the upper lip hair. The woman serving you will quickly pull the cloth in the direction opposite of hair growth, removing the hair along with the thin cloth. She then will cleanse the area again with antiseptic, followed by a pleasant smelling moisturizer. This should take care of the immediate aftercare process.
When at home, one should continue to keep the upper lip clean and use a moisturizer regularly. Signs of a breakout should be constantly kept an eye for, especially one that lasts longer than a day, because it could be an initial sign for serious skin infection or disease. If something like this shows up, try an ice pack on your upper lip. You can also try applying a towel soaked in half milk and half water on your upper lip for about 10 minutes, repeating every few hours as needed. An aloe vera gel or a soothing product that contains arnica montana can also prove to be a good instant remedy.
[Also Read: Post Waxing Skin Care]
Handy Aftercare Lip Wax Hacks
- Rub Alcohol Post Wax – this will help close the open pores thus reducing the risk of post-wax bumps and breakouts.
- Apply calming lotion – To reduce the irritation or conceal the redness apply a soothing cream with Vitamin E and aloe formula or Vitamin A & D ointment.
- Aromatherapy – Apply essential oils like tea tree oil which have properties to reduce inflammation and soothe any irritation post wax.
Little mistakes while waxing can have some pretty devastating results. But don’t worry yet. Here are some remedies as aftercare for upper lip waxing to subdue its side effects:
- If you get a burnt upper lip while waxing, use a cold compress for your lip. A few pieces of ice wrapped in a cloth and holding them to your lip may work just fine. Please do not apply ice directly, as this may cause frostbite and may cause the skin to peel off. Cold water serves as a good alternative. Vaseline may also help at a slight later stage.
- If you get rashes or observe some redness around the edges of your lip, clean your skin with a cleanser containing salicylic acid after a waxing session. Gentle exfoliation of the upper lip can reduce the risk of infection. Applying an aloe vera -based antiseptic lotion to your inflamed skin gives relief.
[Also Read: Tips To Make Waxing Less Painful]
To avoid getting a mustache of little pimples or red patches from where your hair used to be practice these aftercare lip waxing tips. When you look good, you feel confident and that’s why taking care of yourself is important. Therefore if you are taking the hassle of waxing your lip, do consider the necessary aftercare prior to the procedure.