Oily skin always needs a little extra care. And when it comes to making an oily face up, all of us find it to be a bothersome chore. No matter how good and expensive your makeup is, the oil keeps coming back within half an hour. Yes, every single time! Well, if you are also an oily-skinned beauty who wants to increase the staying power of her makeup, choose powder makeup for oily skin.
[Also Read: Compact Powders for Dry Skin]
Know More About The Best Compact Powder And Best Powder Foundation For Oily Skin
Powder is a wonderful mattifier. Use it as a foundation or a compact, it will help you either to create a great base for your makeup or set it perfectly for a seamless finish so that you do not end up looking greasy. Now, get over your sticky-peaky best powder foundation for oily skin.
Why Powder Makeup Is The Best For Oily Skin?
There is one question that keeps bugging all of us makeup enthusiasts and it is ‘what makeup is good for oily skin’? If not chosen wisely, cosmetics can cause a lot of troubles like greasiness, dullness, clogged pores, acne, etc. to the oily-skinned beauties. Dabbing any sort of powder makeup on the skin can absorb the excess shine instantly and give you an oil-free matte look. Moreover, it seals the underlying layers of makeup in and keeps you bright and radiant all through the day.
Powder Makeup Varieties For Girls With Oily Skin
Gone are the days when powders were meant only for fragrance and smooth skin. With the launch of makeup items in powder forms, it has turned into a staple in the makeup routine of women with oily skin. So, let’s categorize different types of makeup powders intended for oily skin:
- Compact / Pressed Powder: A compact or pressed powder is simple face powder that comes in a compact and contains certain ingredients such as silicones, waxes, etc., to give the whole thing a semi-solid texture. You just need to find the most suitable compact powder that matches your skin tone perfectly and touch your skin up with it for a light to medium coverage, as needed.
- Powder Foundation: This is an easy-to-blend 2-in-1 product with silky dual-finish. It gives light coverage like pressed powder when applied with a puff and works more like a foundation with medium to heavy coverage when applied with a damp sponge. In both ways, you get smooth even skin with prolonged matte finish.
Best Powder Makeup For Girls With Oily Skin
Finally, here is a list of the best powder makeup for oily skin that goes very well with the skin tones of Indian women:
1. MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural
When it comes to achieving a natural and healthy glow by keeping shine at bay, this slow-baked talc-based sheer compact is a true boon. We are totally in love with its long-lasting, slightly luminescent finish.
2. Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact
It is definitely the best makeup powder for oily skin if you have a tight budget. The exclusive oil-absorbing formula is enriched even more with vitamin E extract, so that you can control shine from 9 to 5 and look fresh and fabulous.
Price: Rs. 350
3. L’Oreal True Match Mineral Pressed Powder
This item features a unique mineral formula, which works as an ‘instant shine eraser’ for oily faces. You can get a flawless natural finish as well as great coverage with less to no oil breakthrough for as long as 16 hours.
4. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
If you are looking for the best makeup for oily skin, this should be your one-stop solution for sure. It will not only give you medium to full coverage, but also help you get a smooth velvety-soft skin in minutes.
5. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation
This powder foundation from famous cosmetics brand Neutrogena is also very much appreciated for its purity. The pressed minerals included in it are extra soft and highly blendable so that you get sheer to medium coverage. On the other hand, the oil-free formulation of this product gives a shine-free glowing look that lasts significantly long.
[Also Read: Pearl Powder – The New Age Formula]
There are even more similar choices for powder makeup for oily skin like Colorbar Time Plus Compact Powder, Bourjois Pastel Teint Essential Pressed Powder, Oriflame Very Me No Time For Shine Powder, Lakme Absolute White Intense Cover Wet and Dry Compact, Avon Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation, Oriflame Beauty Whitening Powder Foundation, and so on.
So, have you found your best pick?