If you think losing weight needs you to starve yourself or ditch eating your favorite foods, then you are under a wrong notion. Why kilos, you can lose pounds when you are determined to do so. If you go by the math, all you need to do is lose 5 pounds a week. Chances are that in the first month you may end up losing more than 5 pounds a week, and in the subsequent month, you could drop less of kilos. Not to worry, because that’s the way and functioning of a body system. So, assemble some energy and motivation as you set in your mission to lose 40 pounds in 60 days. All the best!
Tips To Lose 40 Pounds In 2 Months
- Keeping aside diet plans and fitness exercises, first make a vow to yourself that you have to lose weight. “Will” on your part to reduce weight has to be there first, the rest will follow on it’s own.
- Weigh yourself, preferably on a digital scale, the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to get accurate results. This will help you keep a track on inches lost and the inches that have to be lost.
- No matter how well placed you are on the corporate ladder, climbing the stairs is any day a better proposition than getting into a lift/ elevator/escalator. When you take the stairs, you are likely to burn more calories than the convenient option of taking a lift.
- Read the nutrition labels given on the bottle packaging before you buy an eatable.
- Keep a track of the calories that you overlook in F & B items such as salad dressings, cooking oils, cooking sauces, even beverages.
- Use online nutritional references like My Fitness Pal and Calorie King. They will help you identify the calorie content of foods that are not labelled such as fruits, vegetables and meat.
- Get enough sleep, an average of 7 hours a day. It will help you think and function properly.
- Indulge in a hobby. For instance, playing a musical instrument, going shopping, watering your plants. These activities divert attention from eating and eating, and help you cut down on calories.
- Exercise you must, ideally four to five days a week. Cardiovascular exercises help in increasing your heart rate, burning more calories and speeding up your weight loss process. But mere exercise will not be sufficient. You will have to supplement it with your eating habits too.
- Dancing is not just a form of proving your gifted art, it can help you burn out calories too. Even aerobic exercises done 4 to 5 times a week for a time period of 45 minutes helps you stay in shape.
- Jogging, Squats, jumping jacks, pushups, crunches are some of the routine exercises which will help your body sweat out and lose pounds in the longer run.
[ Also Read: A Simple Weight Loss Diet ]
3. Foods To Eat
- Big Breakfast
Your breakfast meals should not be in small portions, but big. And the reasons are many. When you have high metabolism, your body is likely to burn calories faster which will end up making you lose weight quicker. Secondly, a hectic day ahead demands your body to be adequately filled up in terms of energy, which can only happen when you have had a big breakfast. This will help you on getting hungry later, not immediately. Plus it will save you the chance to eat unhealthy foods.
But a big breakfast does not mean eating parathas and butter, it means eating wholesome foods such as oats, porridge, fruits in the form of papaya, blueberries etc.
[ Also Read: Almonds Weight Loss ]
- Moderate Lunch
If you have filled up your tummy with a handsomely filling breakfast, then you can go light on lunch. But don’t make the mistake of eating as much as you did in breakfast. Eating comes with rules, remember.
- Healthy Snacks And Enough Water
When I mean healthy snacks, I don’t mean fried and oily food, but fruits and vegetables. Have them throughout the day. And keep drinking water like a fish every now and then from day to night, as that helps out on cutting down the flab. If you don’t like the idea of drinking plain water throughout the day, then have fruits infused water, mint leaves to add some flavour and pep.
- Have Dinner With Low Calorie Foods
Night time doesn’t need your bellies to be full, as you just have to sleep during the night. So have a small portion of your veg/non veg food (depending on your preferences), not fried, but cooked, grilled or baked. This will save you the calories you can put up while dosing off to sleep.
[ Also Read: Amla Juice For Weight Loss ]
- Two hours before you go to bed, have water only and no meals. Lesser the time gap between your dinner and sleep time, more your chances will be of putting on extra kilos to our body.
[ Also Read: Lipton Green Tea For Weight Loss ]
4. Foods To Avoid
- Reduce Calorie Intake
Diet plays an instrumental role when it comes to losing weight. The less you eat, more would be your inch loss. But don’t starve yourself as it will lead to more of cravings, and binge eating.
- Reduce Sugar
Working lifestyles of today are such that it can sap your body of energy. That doesn’t mean you make up for it by consuming dollops of sugar in tea, coffee etc. Drink unsweetened tea and coffee, instead.
[ Also Read: Cayenne Pepper Weight Loss ]
- Green Tea Everyday
Many studies have concluded the infinite benefits of having a cup of green tea everyday. Recent studies have also shown that about 70 calories extra is burnt for green tea consumers than others on a daily basis. That equal to quite a lot of pounds per year. You do the math! Now, go ahead and relax with a cup of green tea.
- Reduce White Bread
Bread has carbohydrates which can increase your calories and make you fat. Go for brown bread instead.
I hope you got a gist of how fast to lose 40 pounds in 2 months interval. You can achieve it, provided you are ready to discipline yourself and your body.
So eat wisely, stop being a couch potato, walk, move, dance, climb stairs, adopt an active lifestyle, and say no to fattening and sugary foods and there you are – back in shape and fitness.
Images Source: pinterest
Best Exercises For Slim Waist and Flat Tummy
Infused Water for Weight Loss
How to Become Slim Naturally
How can I lose weight at home for free?
Avoid processed foods. Drink plenty of water daily. Get enough sleep daily. Following those steps are the mantra to losing weight.
How to lose weight if you cannot walk and you’re weak to do push-ups?
This is the “eat less move more” approach which studies have shown to be the least successful method for weight loss. Those wanting to lose using data driven successful methods should learn the aetiology of obesity and the studies that show the best practices for weight loss and overall health. Many people have spent years trying to manage their weight through “eat less move more” and are fat-shamed for being unsuccessful: “You must have cheated, you’re lazy, etc.” You need to understand what causes obesity and not all calories are alike.
Intermittent fasting, stay away frrom sugar, stay away from bad carbs, (most carbs really)… staying away from all oils but avacado, olive, and coconut nut oil. No soy, reduce night shades. ( tomato, egg plant, cucumbers, …etc) beans unless pressured cooked, stay hydrated, don’t over excersise nor under exercise. Drink apple cider vinegar with sparkling water and lemon/ lime once in the morning, once inbetween meals, and oNce at night. Nut butters, except peanut butter…. you can eat 3 meals a day and have a snack, but it keeps inslin raised, and the calories burned are being taken by glucose and once the glucose storage is gone your body with then go for the fat. That’s why you should look at ingredients on all packages. Food companies don’t care how fat everyone gets they just want to keep you buying. And most definitely LOW FAT unless you have issues that require this are a big no no! They take out fat but have to replace it with something else, sugar! Also artificial sugars are also bad.with exception of stevia, monk fruit, and swerve. There are others but no sugar is the best option. …. just start with a slow elimination, then move up to completely eliminateing. What to eliminate? Your sugar intake. That I stress a lot…. good luck. I lost 30 lbs and I started 1/15/2019 and today4/19/2019. It’s slow going to me because I no longer have a thyroid but no matter the excuse push through. It’s worth it in the end.
Love this list. I want to try this, thank for taking the time to write this